|English / Spanish||English /
|English / "blank space"
(fill in with translator)
|English / French||English /
|English/Tagalog (Philippines)||English / Swahili (Africa)|
|English / Hindi||English /
|English / Hausa (Africa)|
|English / Gujarati (India)|
|English / French||English / Hindi||English / Gujarati (India)||English / Hausa (Africa)|
BOKS stands for “Building Others through Knowledge and Service”. It is the result of a joint effort between WIN Ministries, and Good Shepherd Ministries (producers of ISOM), to meet the basic, physical needs of the poor around the world.
In the developed world we take many things for granted; things like clean drinking water, basic medical care, readily available food, and a stable livelihood.
As we go through the day without a second thought as to whether or not we can find a clean drink to quench our thirst, millions suffer from life endangering dysentery caused by polluted water. While we enjoy the convenience of food on demand from restaurants and supermarkets, countless people are dependent on subsistence farming which is often crippled by a combination of poor techniques, and environmental conditions.
BOKS, with over 30 unique sessions filmed with an English speaker and a placeholder for custom translation, seeks to meet the needs of the desperately poor by providing quality education through experienced field experts in the areas of:
By providing essential education, BOKS aims to do what charity is unable to accomplish: to create sustainable, self-reliant, thriving communities throughout the third world. BOKS is available in English/Spanish, making it ideal to use other languages in countries with a translator!
We offer a significant discount, based on the number of copies of BOKS that you would like to purchase. The breakdown is as follows:
Number of Copies:
Price per Unit:
● BOKS is taught by highly experienced professionals who have worked many years in developing nations in humanitarian and community development roles.
● These teachers speak at an easy pace, using basic language, to make BOKS understandable to all viewers, even those with limited education and vocabulary.
● BOKS teaches many “appropriate technologies” to help overcome sickness, poverty, and malnutrition in even the poorest of developing countries.
● BOKS instructors teach from both the classroom and from the field, taking full advantage of the DVD format, to give effective real-world examples and illustrations.
● BOKS can be used by local churches, schools, and community centers to teach the principles and practices which will raise communities out of poverty, malnutrition, and sickness.
● BOKS is an excellent tool for short-term mission teams as an educational training and outreach tool.
● BOKS can be used to train mission teams for community development and humanitarian work.
● BOKS can be used by medical and dental teams involved in short term missions. As patients wait to be treated, they can watch and learn in their own language, receiving tremendous benefit, multiplying the efforts of the medical professionals in improving the health of the community.
● BOKS can be used by Church Planters to meet the physical needs of a community, opening people to evangelism.
● BOKS is designed to offer the greatest degree of flexibility possible through it’s bi-lingual format.
● The bi-lingual format makes translating BOKS quick and inexpensive compared to dubbing or sub-titling. BOKS has already been translated into four languages, with eight more in-progress.
● One version of BOKS has English with the second language muted. This allows English speaking translators to translate BOKS live into any language.
● Many countries use one “official” languages with many minor languages spoken in rural areas. Since BOKS is being put into many "official" languages, a live translator can easily translate from the official language, over the English, into one of the other languages of the country.
For example, in Mexico, Spanish is common and so the English/Spanish version can be used. However, in one area the people only speak an Indian language called "Tsental." A live translator can listen to the Spanish and speak over the English translating into "Tsental."
There are no reviews for this product.
Please login to write review.
|1 ~ 1||0%|
|2 ~ 2||15%|
|3 ~ 3||15%|
|4 ~ 4||15%|
|5 ~ 5||15%|
|6 ~ 6||29%|
|7 ~ 7||29%|
|8 ~ 8||29%|
|9 ~ 9||29%|
|10 ~ 10||29%|
|11 ~ 11||43%|
|12 ~ 12||43%|
|13 ~ 13||43%|
|14 ~ 14||43%|
|15 ~ 15||43%|
|16 ~ 16||43%|
|17 ~ 17||43%|
|18 ~ 18||43%|
|19 ~ 19||43%|